Welcome to Our Story
I've never been one to journal. And I never thought I would have a blog. Writing down my thoughts invariably leads toward introspection. I'm very introspective, but I'm not a big fan of being that way, and I definitely don't need an excuse to be even more that way.
However, in two short weeks, my husband and I, along with our two precious girls, will be boarding a plane and moving across the ocean to a foreign land and a new home. This upcoming move has caused me to think somewhat sentimentally about the dear ones we are leaving behind...our family and friends, the girls' grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. And so, here I am, blogging, desiring to stay connected to all of you loved ones through stories, photographs, and small glimpses into our lives as we sojourn on the other side of the world. I will strive to share our story as we strive to make a home here, all the while reminding myself that we are seeking an even better homeland, a better country, for this world is not our home. Yet while we are here, this is our story. And I'm thankful to be able to share it with you.
Welcome.
However, in two short weeks, my husband and I, along with our two precious girls, will be boarding a plane and moving across the ocean to a foreign land and a new home. This upcoming move has caused me to think somewhat sentimentally about the dear ones we are leaving behind...our family and friends, the girls' grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. And so, here I am, blogging, desiring to stay connected to all of you loved ones through stories, photographs, and small glimpses into our lives as we sojourn on the other side of the world. I will strive to share our story as we strive to make a home here, all the while reminding myself that we are seeking an even better homeland, a better country, for this world is not our home. Yet while we are here, this is our story. And I'm thankful to be able to share it with you.
Welcome.
yay :) im glad you decided to do this! looking forward to keeping up as yall leave. love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are doing a blog, Abigail. I look forward to keeping in touch this way (and through Skype!). MIss you all! Jenni
ReplyDelete