Lemonade Stand

So my girls have this book about a little girl who has a lemonade stand. A pink lemonade stand. And since reading this book, my girls have asked repeatedly to have their own pink lemonade stand. Now...we live in a place where I'm pretty sure no one has ever had a lemonade stand. Or lemonade, for that matter. But our girls' excitement over the prospect of acting out a favorite book was all the encouragement we needed to make their little wish come true. So yesterday, we did it. We had a lemonade stand. And by lemonade, I mean Kool-Aid (I have a great recipe for strawberry lemonade, but I wasn't about to spend hours hulling strawberries and squeezing lemons. So pink Kool-Aid it was. Many thanks to those of you who have sent us packets of Kool-Aid. They've gone to good use, my friends). 

The university in our city was having their annual athletic competitions, so we decided to have our "lemonade" stand there. Not sure if this was a good idea or not. It was crazy busy, and we didn't even go at a peek time (high fives to us for that decision). Our girls were pretty much a sensation. They set up their table, sat behind their pitcher of Kool-Aid and plate of cookies, and within 30 minutes, had sold out. They also had taken numerous pictures with numerous students and teachers and whoever else was there. They were more popular than Mickey and Minnie Mouse at Disneyland. 

I admit...it was a little overwhelming, even for me and the hubs. And I'm pretty sure the reality of having a lemonade stand in Asia was not the same as what our girls imagined when they first began asking to have a lemonade stand. But still, we did it, and we had fun (at least I think my girls had fun). And in the end, they made some money and learned that sugar cookies are the next best thing to rice over here. The Kool-Aid, on the other hand...not a hit. Maybe next time, we'll actually try lemonade. 

Maybe.








 








 








Comments

  1. Thanks for posting - I was wondering how it went! Wow - sold-out in 30 minutes - that must be a new lemonade stand record ;-). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thinking today how we should have charged for photos taken. Our girls would have made bank. :) Love you too!!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. You weren't kidding about their popularity! That crowd was intense!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment