Off We Go

This is what our apartment looks like.



My pride prevents me from showing you the rest of our apartment. But just imagine several more bags and stuff scattered about, as if a 2-year-old and a very active 11-month-old had ransacked the place. It's a crazy thing, fitting all of your worldly possessions into 12 bags. But slowly and methodically, we're doing it, getting ready for another transition, another journey, another home.

We leave Friday morning, embarking on a 24-hour journey to the other side of the world. I'm not gonna lie...traveling with little ones, especially our littlest one, makes me a wee bit nervous. And transporting all our bags back and forth, through airports and customs, just plain stresses me out. But still, we go.

Three months ago, we said goodbye to our family and friends at home. And now, we say goodbye to this place we've enjoyed and to friends we've learned to love so dearly. Tomorrow night, we will go to sleep in a place that's familiar, and then, a few days later, we will go to sleep and wake up in a place where nothing is familiar at all. Over the coming days and months, I know that I will feel like a child in many ways. Everything will be new and exciting and fearful. But as a mom whose children are watching her, I hope that I will walk through all this newness with much grace and hope. And then, in several months, I hope I can say with confidence that our new home indeed feels like "home."

Packing, traveling, unpacking, home. And through it all, the knowledge that it's worth it.

Comments

  1. Thinking of you all!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting and scary at the same time. I know those emotions well...we moved internationally every 3 years when I was a kid. But soon you'll have a new place to call home that will also feel familiar and be filled with faces of people you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update often. We've been thinking of you all often these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh. siiiiiiighhhhh. missing you already. a lot. love you so much, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment